GEM Mission Specific Press
Phase 1: Emergency Response
- GEM Bstrong in partnership with Anera, has embarked on a mission to provide immediate relief to families affected by recent events in Gaza.
- Our objective is clear: to alleviate the suffering of those in need and stand in solidarity with the affected community.
- Humanitarian Assistance: Our foremost aim is to deliver essential humanitarian aid to the displaced civilians and evacuees facing unimaginable challenges.
- Humanitarian Access: We have set up a unique supply chain and ecosystem for continuous aid flow into Gaza.
- Empowering the Community: We don’t bring large international staff, we build teams from the ground up in the country we operate in.
Activities in Motion:
- Our well-structured plan includes:
- A thorough needs assessment to understand the immediate requirements of evacuees.
- Procurement of vital relief materials, ensuring their quality and adequacy.
- Ongoing community engagement initiatives, such as support groups, to address medium-long-term needs and help affected families rebuild their lives.
GEM BSTRONG PALESTINIAN CIVILIAN RESPONSE
- Global Empowerment Mission’s Middle East North Africa regional branch is providing humanitarian aid and support for Palestinian refugees and civilians. GEM Global is also shipping earmarked (Palestinian Aid) from our US and other international warehouses.
- GEM MENA warehouse in Cairo, Egypt, serves as a humanitarian hub that provides logistics support for INGOs responding to humanitarian needs.
- GEM MENA is following international guidelines in partnership with Anera, a trusted Palestinian registered nonprofit.
- GEM’s primary role is to collect supplies from global partners and provide a streamlined logistics solution with clear distribution plans to schools, shelters, and hospitals in Gaza.
- Until a proper safe green corridor for aid is established under international law, our ground partners, Anera are distributing hygiene kits locally on our behalf.
- GEM is part of the Humanitarian Aid Coalition along with 6 reputable International NGOs. We are coordinating with the Egyptian Government’s Aid Office, Egyptian Embassies, IRC, Egyptian Red Crescent, IOM, World Food Program, and Anera to make this all possible. The GEM MENA executive team is attending UN cluster meetings along with coalition meetings constantly. This is a rapidly changing environment and we are committed to delivering vital aid directly into the hands of Palestinian civilians only.
These supplies, along with earmarked only aid from a worldwide coalition of partners will be delivered to our trusted ground partners, @aneraorg inside Gaza at the Rafa Gate. Anera has been operating inside Gaza for over 40 years.
We condemn all acts of terrorism.
How is GEM supporting Palestinian Civilians affected by the war?
GEM is on the ground in Egypt, providing immediate aid through our partner Anera in Gaza. This includes food and hygiene kits to civilian families only.
Will my aid be going to Hamas?
No aid will be provided to anyone affiliated with Hamas. Our partner in Gaza, Anera, has 50 plus years of experience operating in this region with mechanisms that ensure aid reaches civilians.
All Palestinian earmarked aid from GEM’s international warehouses will be sent directly to GEM MENA’s regional branch in Cairo Egypt.
How are donations overseen?
GEM utilizes separate funds for all missions. This fund will hold all donations provided to the task. GEM’s 990’s and financial statements are publicly available on our website. The GEM Board of Directors established a Finance Committee to review recent financial statements and to confirm the transparency and accuracy of data being reported.
I am interested in donating supplies, what can I send?
Please contact [email protected] for a list of current goods being accepted for this mission. Please reach out before drop-off to confirm our operating hours, address, and goods being donated. Thank you for your generosity!